sisters

My big sister, Alexis, is here!!! I wish I was more like her. My oldest sister is kind, generous, conscious of others, patient and always ready for a hot cup of tea. We share the same sense of humor and love of knowledge, food and photography but she brings a warmth and serenity that I don't think I have. She possesses more of our Mother.

I love her smell, the soft yet direct tone of her voice and the rumble of her laugh when she really means it. Goody bags are sure to follow this petite lil thing when she arrives from her travels-- a handwoven leather rug for the house, bottles of various decadent fragrances just in time for spring and of course some beautifully beaded blouses that will soon be worn just to name a few items.

Her eyes radiate love and compassion, her smile the stuff of dreams and her soft hug reminds me how great my oldest sister is. I miss her when she's not there yet her understanding and undeniable support for her sisters is unwavering and unconditional. This is why I love her... my dear Alexis.

Popular Posts