across the river bank

"If you don't like the weather, just wait 30 minutes. It's sure to change." ~ A Missourian

Call me weird, but I love the steady falling of rain today here in the Ozarks. It reminded me of the morning I spent driving along the beginning banks of the James River a few months back before it opens up some distance from where I took the picture. The water was calm, glassey and just aching for some company that wasn't about to show. The ice created swirl effects and reminded me of the frigid winters that Missouri encounters. Being away, I missed the daily changes in the scenery that only the weather in Missouri can provide.  How many people living here simply take for granted the great outdoors, aside from the fishers, hunters and camping types, of course?  

It's raining today, not snowing or sleeting, but the grey skies and quiet moisture-rich air is a nice change from the sun-filled blue that was the California sky. How I love the switch of scenery and the Missouri landscape. Just thought I'd share.

Popular Posts