saint patty was green


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! 

Funny tidbit: a friend of mine told me that since finding a 4-leaf clover they have had nothing but bad luck.  Oh, the irony.  I thought I'd celebrate this momentous occasion by "going green" and recycle former pageant big sis, friend and web design pro, Larissa Meek's blog about ways to help the environment.   Yes, I know it has nothing to do with this holiday but I am wearing green so it made me think about "being green". 


Here are some ideas that I have to become a "greener" person on the other 364 days of the year. 
  1. Cut down on water by sharing a hot and steamy shower with the one you love.  *Not responsible for the results and injuries, however.
    2. Ride your nifty beach cruiser like I do when you aren't in a hurry or wish to look super cool getting around town.  Give yourself a good 2 hours to get anywhere though... and wear your helmet.

    3.  When cleaning, use and old cloth instead of those dreadful paper towels. They are never as durable as an old T and when else will you be able to reminisce about the good ole days at JJP and un-crust your toilet? I'm guessing never.

Hmmm, I guess I didn't have that many tips for being greener but you catch my drift. Hope your day is filled with lots of leprechaunish fun, pots full of 4-leaf clovers and loads of greenery.  I really want to find a leprechaun costume and wear it around today. Anyhoo, happy happy day and good luck my green friend!

Popular Posts