california, I'll miss you

Crazy to think that it has already been two years since I drove a packed-to-the-brim car across the country to pursue my on-camera dreams in Hollywood, CA. Since that move, even crazier things happened while living in the city where starlets, sickos and the style-seekers mingle amid lames, losers and loud-mouths. With the good comes the bad and LA has its share of the odd and able.

The town of contradictions is what I call it.

Where else can you live where driving down the street can afford you the opportunity to see trannies, homeless, tourists and the famous colliding? Maybe the paved streets of New York City, perhaps a festival in Colorado, but never have you been to a place where your daily life consists of such madness covered up by gorgeous landscapes, dreams and people.

The trip was great, getting the chance to see my favorite places before driving the UHAUL out of the city just as night fell. Some highlights from the farewell tour: Breakfast at Mel's Diner, walking on the beach at Venice Beach, the last California sunset, strolling down the ornately lit 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, dining at the Warf in Santa Barbara, and of course my final drive down Sunset Blvd before heading east.








I'll miss the warm sun that absorbs into my skin as I walk the boardwalk of Venice Beach, the endless drives to get almost anywhere in Hollywood and the friends that were made during my time in California.
Sadness dissolves into happiness as I remember nights out on the town, long hours in the restaurants on Hollywood Boulevard and the pursuit of continuing my career.
Good things never end and I'll be back to LA, thanks to Allegiant Air. (Direct flights begin in May from here!)

Popular Posts