who needs it?

As i sit here, bills strung out all over my desk, phone numbers on oddly shaped slips of paper and the laptop close by... I am frustrated with the concept that since my cell has been out of commission for about a solid week, I feel like I live on Mars. When did paper go out of style? When did technology begin to consume our every thought, idea, lives? Did they have an understanding of what zombies their useful and helpful gadgets have created? In the one week without my T-Mobile "Crack"berry I found myself interacting with actual people... not phones or computers. 

Whew! What a concept?  Talk about a change! I am used to using my hands to communicate these days. When did face-to-face conversation lapse and plucking at keys on phones and computers take over?  A part of me is sad to switch out the batteries and turn the thing on today. Yes, I need to be able to call someone... even make a call or two- but how in depth do our devices have to be? How many hours a day do we need to sit on these irrelevant gizmos in order to feel like we've connected to others, been productive or even existed for that day.  I actually felt like I didn't EXIST when my phone wasn't turned on.  Weird business.  

I wish I didn't need it, feel retarded for not having, and isolated completely when it gets turned off for lack of a small fortune to pay the bill each month.

I guess this is my rant for today. It's a beautifully gusty day here in Missouri, the sun was bakin' my shoulders during the garage sale today and warmed my heart to know that spring is FINALLY HERE!  Now I'm listening to Bonnie Raitt on shuffle and making sense of my life seeing how I wasn't able to manage without the power of my all-knowing Crackberry. Thanks T-Mobile for doing me a huge service. 

Popular Posts