creative inspiration:kelly rae


i am inspired, amazed and touched by the creative prowess and fragility of Kelly Rae. this image below as seen in her "tidbits" blog really struck me and I absolutely had to share it with you.
i find myself staring at it wishing the girl on this canvas was me....leaving me with the possibility of flying away at a moment's notice. i love the cutouts stating "many blessings, so much love" on the front of her beautiful blue-green dress as she daydreams of conquering the world. maybe that's my interpretation but Kelly inspires me to create, love and be the outgoing joyous woman i strive to be. the #11 is also present, which is the date of my birthday and I feel a connection with her for the longing in her eyes, the position of her head, the sadness in her body. i'm going to pick up her book Taking Flight and you should do the same.

Popular Posts