notes on a scandal


Pageants somehow have always brought out the scandalous and stereotypically cat-like reflexes in people, so it's no wonder that when Miss USA was caught using cocaine and partying into the wee hours in the big apple, the world flipped.  Donald Trump took the "Boss of the Year" trophy by not firing the blond titleholder for her mishaps. (Envision the statue sitting on Steve Carell's desk on The Office, please) while everyone judged the girl's actions.  Here's a roundabout look at my comments on my girl and pageant sister, Larissa Meek's entry touching on the scandal.

Sidenote: 
My girl Larissa Meek is not only an incredibly talented woman in more ways than one, she is also my big-haired sis from Missouri that I was lucky enough to meet through my second pageant.  In 2001, Larissa was crowned Miss Missouri USA as I stood next to her as the crowned Miss Missouri Teen USA winner. She went to Miss USA, finishing 4th Runner-up (scoring the highest marks in both evening gown and swimsuit) who then made the move to LA. Now, after being the love interest on a reality show, Average Joe 2 Hawaii, she relocated to Florida where she is working for AgencyNet as a Senior Art Guru (mainly web design/development). Visit her (her link is in my blissful blogs on the right) and for God's sake... buy her art!
Image of Larissa Meek

Popular Posts