venice beach, ca


Venice Beach is a magical place. Not magical in the usual sense, for nothing about Venice is typical, normal or average. The rich and the poor, the meek and the wild, the creative and the tourists that gaze upon their art... yes, Venice is a freak show that never seizes to amaze or disappoint the millions that walk the famous boardwalk each year.

It has been a place where I go to clear my head, unwind and visit art vendors that I got to know last summer working for an artist by the name of Jean Paul.  He does oil paintings, is from Jamaica and asked me to help sell his art for commission on the weekends.  Here are some images from my various times by the beach. The sunsets are another sight to behold, they really are like looking at a picture unfolding in real time. My days spent on Venice are some of my best memories in California. These are some sunset shots from the day of the Malibu fire along with random other photographs of my time hanging out on Venice Beach.

Popular Posts