purple crushed velvet+n.e.r.d.=halloween in hollywood

This Halloween was a first! No costume, no face paint and no social gathering. In place of working, I made the move down to Hollywood Boulevard in time to  watch my buddy, Craig Robinson, do a taping of the Jimmy Kimmel Live Show.  The El Capitan Theatre is a super cool place right in the middle of the Hollywood tourists.  When I got there and stopped by his dressing room to say hi before he went on, he was in the bathroom.  When he came out, well, let's just say I felt like I should have been Apallonia for Halloween.

You'll understand when you see him on Jimmy Kimmel.


After his segment, we went outside to watch N.E.R.D. perform to a bunch of adoring fans (I wish I was a rockstar!) and by 9pm the show was over.  It was an unconventional spin on Halloween but just as enjoyable. I loved walking down the boulevard across from the Kodak Theatre witnessing the masses all dressed up and ready to have a good time. 

Next time, I'll show up in a leotard and stilletos like I should have from the get-go. There's always next year.

Popular Posts