PEACE


Lots of great stuff has transpired since the last writing...fall has begun, the house is getting painted, I have began to work out again, my nails haven't been bitten since July and I met a great guy who makes me blissfully girly ( i know, what?!).  

That being said, I was cleaning out my desk today and rediscovered the Universal Peace Covenant written in purple on a single sheet of paper that a girl that I (in true Marissa fashion) serendipitously met in the Denver airport on a layover gave me. She was a dedicated member of the School of Metaphysics which is headquartered in Springfield, my hometown. We talked for a few hours about life, the teachings of the School and how her life had been impacted by simplifying. She didn't own a cell phone, computer, didn't have an email address to give me. She simply had an address in a small town where she practiced her newfound teachings and lived a solitary yet meaningful and purposeful life. 

I read through this today and realized that this covenant is what we all need with us doing the seeking, teaching, learning and thus attaining. I love to meet people but I must say this young woman was an old soul who taught me so much in that short period of time. Here are some of the main points that fall at the top of each paragraph.

Peace is the breath of our spirit. 
Peace is our birthright. 
Our world is in the midst of change. 
We affirm that peace is an idea whose time has come. 
World peace begins within ourselves. 
Peace is first a state of mind. 
Peace is active, the motion of silence, of faith, of accord, of service. 
Peace is achieved by those who fulfill their part of a greater plan. 
Living peaceably begins by thinking peacefully. 

Peace be with us all ways. May Peace Prevail on Earth.

Popular Posts