Hazel Wood


My grandmother, Hazel, passed away yesterday. She fought a hard fight, but is with Him safe and sound today. A mix of emotions come over me, part sadness for the loss of such an amazing woman, part happiness as I rejoice in knowing that she is finally at rest and peaceful in eternal life with her Creator. She was such a tremendous force of nature, vivacious, caring, supportive and a critic of all in her world. She wanted the best for those she knew and loved. She was a dedicated wife and mother, a continued supporter as the Grandma and a devoted Nurse to her patients at St. John's.

I will forever know her as Grandma, and I miss her already. I am thankful for having had her this long, and I know that I am who I am in great part to her. I treasure our times, her sense of humor, her interesting life that she lived. You never know what you have until it's gone, but in this case, we all knew what we had... we just didn't want to let it go this soon. She is forever a part of me and I hope she knew how much I loved her. Her eyes lit up a room, her laugh was contagious and her spirit was one that was not only seen but felt. She was fiesty flame of love, devotion, unwavering strength,heartbreaking losses and joyful successes. She was and will forever be, my grandma.

Popular Posts