goodbye summer...


The morning is the most incredible time on the lake. Table Rock Lake, to be more exact. The morning begins at 4:45 am... a wee bit early but it's worth it once you put the boat in, unhook the fishing pole bait and start the slow but exciting task of catching a keeper! I took these in August, before the fall air had crept into the breeze but the sunrise is the most romantic and honestly breath-taking experience. Flying cranes, herrins, jumping fish and the sound of nature make for a great time out on the water.


My first summer back in the Ozarks was made from my early sunrises, long days in the metal John boat, and the romanticly lazy afternoons amidst the wild. "Mama Maybelle" made fishing my new obsession... she was my 5 lb large-mouth bass that hooked me on fishing! Now that it's fall, I will reminisce on the summer of 2009 with fond memories... October here we come.

Popular Posts