our day at the zoo

Flashback to last summer when we went to The Dickerson Park Zoo in Springfield, Missouri. Growing up there, I didn't think our zoo was anything special just as most kids do. Nothing they see is out of their ordinary thus nothing is extraordinary. But, seeing the Norfolk Zoo (and the lack of animals) and then visiting our hometown I was pleasantly surprised!  MiMi and I made our rounds in the summer heat but all-in-all had a great time with the girls. My favorite memory from the day is the picture of Cynthia (MiMi) holding Kalea's hand as they left the zebras and ventured towards the cheetah area. She is such a sweetheart and loves her MiMi! Laya played on the drums after lunch while Tala took it all in. Her dark eyes are just so incredible and mysterious. I have always said I wished I could read her mind as she sees things in the world for the first time. She was so chunky looking back at these pictures and only had two little teeth coming in on the bottom. It was a special day that I wanted to share with you.
 

Popular Posts