a lovely day

Saturday was such a lovely day for my love and I to get out and enjoy each other's company. I made sure to wear a pair of flats (since pregnancy, this number has increased), bring my drink to stay well hydrated and remember the camera for our first visit to the Chrysler Museum of Art on the water in Norfolk. The wind cooled off the day as we walked on the grounds and the smell of old artifacts and vaulted glass ceilings made us look and feel miniature upon entering, which I completely love.

As we swept our way through the 30 Americans exhibit that took up two floors, I was inspired to begin painting something other than old sanded pieces of furniture. The historical implications were disturbingly real and post-its sat waiting for patrons to engage in the conversation. Nick and I both took a second to write down our thoughts and stick it on the multi-colored wall of random posted thoughts.
I always have had a fascination with museums. I feel so small, insignificant and otherwise ignorant to all of the periods, artists, and artifacts contained in them. Every piece quietly preserving our history, begging to be noted and adored. It became the perfect backdrop for a magical and romantic afternoon...

Popular Posts