footprints in the sand

Spring is here and the weather has been balmy one day and brisk the next so I took advantage of a 90 degree day last week and ventured to the beach for the first time. Oceanview led me to the beach where I took the day to soak up the heat, people gaze and enjoy this time in my life. It's hard to believe than in just 11 weeks I will be welcoming a baby girl to the world. I walked barefoot in the warm sand and was approached by a woman with her husband who had the day off of work and was doing exactly what I was...enjoying her first day at the beach of the year. She was a warm spirit with a very familiar smile. We parted ways after chatting up the weather, the area and me being new to it, and the impending baby I was smuggling under my maxi dress. She kindly complimented how "cute" I looked and took her happiness down to the waterfront. 

As I wandered or perhaps waddled around camera and flats in hand, I was overcome with the realization that I would have a little one to bring to play in the ocean before too long. Time lapsed and as I was heading to the boardwalk, she was there again. Her eyes were honest and she told me that she was an enlightened spirit who needed to convey something to me. "I was told to tell you not to worry about it, and that everything will be ok. I'm not sure what that means but he wanted me to tell you that." 

I was instantly filled with a feeling of quiet satisfaction, knowing that she didn't know my heart, my deepest thoughts but was willing to look foolish or strange in order to relay this message to me. I knew right then that all of the little things I was pondering, chewing over, even anxious about should be released.  The day was incredibly uplifting thanks to this woman and the bright sunshine the beach afforded me. There's something so nice about a quiet day alone with just your thoughts.

Popular Posts