spring is in the air


I feel a bit like a crack head would when trying to find a hotspot to indulge oneself in the "goods". I too have been trying to find a hotspot but for wireless internet. I found it. Yes, I am victorious as I sit, windows rolled down, gusts of cool breeze flowing through my car as I type like a mad woman trying to get my thoughts out before my battery dies or my brain shuts off, one or the other. I have discovered a need to write in a day, something I started in grade school after my aunt bought me a ME (Mary Engelbreit) journal from The Market on Campbell Street some 20 years ago. Geez, that hurt. Anyway, today thanks to technological advances, I no longer feel the need to open those journals, instead I have come the Macbook to what is now my online journal.

I wanted to share a few things that has happened since spring has sprung not to mention just get back into the swing of things with my blog. I am patiently awaiting the DSL connection that AT&T will allow me on the 24th of this month so until then, I frantically search out wireless connections that will grant me my journal experience! Call me a crackhead, you are too. So, lots has happened amidst the paperwork shuffle and mad dash to here,there, everywhere. I am pondering a job with a TV station here in Springfield that doesn't really seem worth the daily stress of being "on-camera"... you know, the thoughts of imperfection that creep in when you look in the mirror in the morning-my hair isn't what I want it to be, my acne seems to have flaired up AGAIN, and I would really like to see this muscle just a tad bit more. It's daunting the task of sizing yourself up in a world that's so consumed with the exterior. 

Secondly, I have completed the challenge of planning, plotting and finishing the paperwork for continuing my education. Yes, it is complete and I am officially a student again. It feels amazing to know that I will be flexing my academic muscle again, speech communication and minoring in entrepreneurship on August 25, 2010.  The first question on everyone's mind, "How are you going to afford it?" Well, I applied for scholarships and thank God, they all turned up to be awarded and thus, school at a private University as of today is PAID for!!! There are upsides to being ancient and going back to college after all! 

Thirdly, I have started my own business that has already been a great catalyst for meeting people in the area, learning about a new company called Market America and using and selling a beautiful cosmetic line called MOTIVES. I have found that through this company, I am my own un-franchised business owner and have all of the tools and training I need already in place. It reminds me of the daily goals I had when selling my fundraising items for choir, orchestra, science club, basketball media guides and the Miss Missouri Teen USA 2001 Pageant. Finding people to listen isn't the issue, I have found... it's finding people with an open mind who want to take a risk and try a new product. But, the great thing about MOTIVES, is they can try it with me applying their makeup and then shopping online for free and receiving 2-35% cashback on their purchase! I love helping folks save $ and get what they want so it's a win-win! 

So, spring has come and gone, things are always moving and progressing and I am thankful for the chance to do each of the above things mentioned. I love writing and sharing~ I think everyone should have a documentation of their life... Enigmatic Bliss is my forum, I guess.  

P.S. Oh, and the hype concerning the Miss USA Pageant photos being too racy... it's Donald's way of getting recognition for owning a pageant and NBC simply wants to plug a pageant that most people aside from pageant-goers could care less about. Let's face it, Donald plugs more things than Elton John or RuPaul combined. 

P.P.S. I have a new roommate who is just a dear and she just graduated high school, just wanted to send good vibes her way! Miss T is her name and she even put my clean dishes away last night-awesome.

P.P.P.S. If I sneeze one more time due to the high level of pollen in the air I might scream. Gotta love spring in the Ozarks. If you don't know, the most extreme hot to cold ratio of any state it's pretty fair to say. It was 78 degrees by 8 am. Oh, I had a fitting for the Harem & Company, I am modeling in their fashion show tomorrow night benefitting the Friends of the Zoo... the best view of the Queen City tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to dressing up for a good cause. Happy hump day, everyone!

Popular Posts