caffeine induced thrift store frenzy




"Thrifting" is a fun yet dangerous way to spend a rainy afternoon so as soon as the clouds began rolling in yesterday on the way to pig out at The Cracker Barrel, I knew that treats and even some trickery was in the works! The DAV on North Glenstone offered up two slices of interior decorator pie with not one but TWO lighting pieces for $2.98 and a dumpster diver special (not quiet, but it was on it's way to the trash) so I rescued it for $1.98... a somewhat brassy chandelier eyesore that after a bit of TLC and paint will do the kitchen wonders.

The best part of what has been called my caffeine-induced thrift store frenzy is that no matter how much $ you have, or where you go, there is always a good time to be had by all. From the high-waisted mommy jeans to the classic T's hidden in the isles, everyone leaves with a great experience under their belt.

*Sidenote: I am watching as a little finch and Cardinal mama take turns peepin' out my hanging fern on my front porch... possibly for a new home for the fall.

So on this second rainy somewhat dreary morning, I will work on updating this hanging fixture and bringing it from brass to beautiful! Along with that task is a handful of other things around the house that have been waiting for me. But, I'm still hyped up on coffee from C. Barrel so it's all good.

Popular Posts