porch swings, bare feet and cookouts

Summer is officially here and I had to share some moments in my life that I stopped to say, "What a great life!"  We need to take notice of these times more often and be thankful for the air in our lungs, the sparkle in our eye and the many blessings all of us have in our daily lives.

1. Taking pictures of my nieces playing dress up like I used to do when I was their age. Such beautiful young ladies with such bright futures... I'm so proud to be an AUNT!
2. Getting served a wonderful dinner on the new grill in my backyard from the love of my life. It was so good on so many different levels!
3. Being open to new opportunities. Since moving back to Missouri, the life I lived up til now has prepared me for great things to come. I'm excited to see what pans out.
4. Sitting on my front porch swing a little after sunset. A time of reflection, hope and relaxation is found at dusk for me and I absolutely LOVE the swing itself.
5. Wondering around the house, watering flowers, planting seeds in freshly painted pots and going out to talk to my next door neighbor barefoot. Since I was a little girl shoes were the sworn enemy and it still holds true for me today.

Life is so good, no matter what is happening in the moments that make up a day, as a whole, we are so fortunate to have our health, friends and family. Smile for each of the special things in your life and I bet you'll smile the majority of the day. And who knows who will see your smile and have it be EXACTLY what they need. God is good. Remember, we are works in progress and it's the journey, not the destination.

Popular Posts