journey 9,000 feet up

An unexpected gift just happened. Minus slight elevation sickness and an overly dry nose, the chance to drive cross country with my older sister and Uncle Gene was more than worth it. From the rolling hills and cascading Yucca plants in bloom alongside the highway to take us to Colorado, the time spent listening to stories from the past made the 2-day journey full of laughs and nostalgia.

Here are some highlights from the Colorado trip starting with our drive-through the Garden of the Gods.
It was so wonderful to share the road and week-long venture with such amazing and supportive people. I was able to see such beauty in the great outdoors and in the people that I was around... I am so glad I was able to experience such a blessed trip and help out the people I love most in this world! Very few times are we able to fully spend time in a desolate and media-free lodge 9,000 feet up, 10 miles away from your mailbox let alone neighbors, stores and other pollutants in the world.
 I felt at peace not having to worry about work, catching my favorites TV shows (there was no TV) and the other unnecessary things that make up our lives. In the end, I felt a sense of direction and clarity that only time away from the rat race can produce. Now it's back to reality and civilization but I will never forget the dynamic woman whose home we helped pack up or the generous nature of the people who took me along for the ride.  

Popular Posts