happenings

*picture taken in Las Vegas, walking the strip*

last week was super busy with lots of things in the works. here are some items worth mentioning.
  • Visiting my alma mater and finally meeting with Glendale High School Principal, Gary Prouty, who has decided to put a picture of me in the newly remodeled entrance of GHS! I feel really honored that he wants to do this before he retires. The surprise visit with Coach Temple was such a special treat for me... Go RED!  
  • Celebrating with my big sis who not only is making straight A's in tough anatomy courses, but she was ASKED to be a part of the nursing program. Way to go, A!!!
  • Enjoying the company of 10 wonderful women Friday night filled with lots of laughs! My first dinner party of the spring.
  • A quick and meaningful breakfast with my Aunt Julie at Panera Bread. I miss her so the visit was a highlight of my week.
  • Watching as the rain fell all week, showering us with humidity and giving my new patunia's a nice watering after I planted them in my new trees that I've placed at the foot of my front steps. I have really taken a liking *wow* to gardening and find that coming home has a bit more meaning once you have plants that depend on your attention. 
  • The beautiful girls that have become the greatest joys in my life again. Being able to pick them up from school and spend the afternoon with them is truly the best part of my day that I look forward to. They are the greatest people and I learn so much when I am with them.
  • Being spiritually revived thanks to Miss Kathy, Veronica and Mama Beth. I am actively seeking a church home here and their prayer keeps me sane.
  • Running into old teachers and friends on Easter Sunday. God continues to place me in amazing places with amazing people. He is so good and protects me for reasons only He knows. 
  • Meeting with Lost & Found.
  • Lunch with old friend, Ron Davis.
  • Springfield Confidential... it's in the beginning stages.
  • Attending the Annual Artsfest on Historic Walnut Street. Yes, the rain held off just enough for a nice stroll down the tent-filled street. A blog will follow highlighting some artist's that I loved!! No camera, rain was in the forecast. 
  • The surprise Stewart Talent envelope. Thanks to Bally's, I can breathe a bit easier for awhile!
life is always good, sometimes it throws us a bit more than we like or feel capable of handling but in all, every day brings joy, happiness and positivity. ask and you shall receive is always what runs through my mind when those surprise happenings come about. take it all in stride, live in the moment and know that nothing is forever. more to come from soggy Springfield. happy sunday.


Popular Posts