in full bloom

Spring is finally here and I'm not the only one in our house that's excited about it! I have been getting up before the sun lately. Kalea is determined to turn me into a shriveled old hag way before my time with this 6am call time. Being the determined, head-strong 10-month old she has turned out to be,  there's no deterring her either--when she's up, she is UP. It's sort of like turning on a light...her eyes pop open and that is all she wrote for the deep sleep I was in. A part of me likes that she is a morning person as I find myself to be one too, so we rise to the sound of birds chatter and a quiet that only early mornings can offer up.  Today not so much. I love her spirit and her energy and babbling antics makes my morning.

For Mother's Day, Nick brought home a new camera for me to enjoy! He's so thoughtful and yes, the camera is a) humungous b) absolutely AWESOME  c) something we needed and use everyday  d) the reason I started blogging again  e) all of the above

That answer is e.  It does everything and with Kalea as my subject, has already been put to good use! We can't wait to bring her to the beach this summer and be able to document her growth which as most mothers can contest is daily, miraculously enough.  She is running around (especially when she gets into mischief) and has the most precious facial expressions ever.  Here are a few shots from our first spring outdoor excursion!

Popular Posts