on this halloween

It's hard to think there are 8 million people without power, people's homes have been swept away with the hurricane on the east coast in the past few days. We are safe and with power this morning and I thank my lucky stars since we were in the path of the storm in Virginia Beach. I'm praying that those in the affected areas find safety and solice today.

Four months have dissipated since my last post and Kalea is no longer a newborn. She is sitting up next to me, holding her own pacifier (I was strongly against them until I realized they were a necessity, what was I thinking?!) and watching my every move. It's been an incredible 4 months filled with severe emotions of all kinds while watching her as she learns and grows. Motherhood is truly the most amazing journey to witness. The feelings you go through in any given day is something that no one can prepare you for. Your every morsel of energy is poured into this little person who seems to change right before your eyes. There's nothing like the degree of love you feel nor the severity of overwhelming emotions that happen from moment to moment with motherhood. Kalea is such a joyous spirit and strong personality already.

Since the last post, we have packed all of my crap and moved to a new house closer to the oceanfront, unpacked the obscene quantity of boxes and am almost completely done with the decor and organization of it all.  Nick has re-enlisted in the Navy and was selected to be on board for a super special ceremony with the Bush family on his ship. We posed for our first family photos (Kalea is quite the ham and loves the camera). Our enjoyed our first set of visitors with my big sister and his mom and the summer days of beach time have since been replaced with Hurricane Sandy or "Frankenstorm" that missed us luckily.

Today is Halloween and pumpkin carving, fake spiderwebs and face painting will hopefully make this a special day for us. We are stocking up on candy for what might be a slew of trick-or-treaters since we have a gang of kids in our new neighborhood :) and I have to come up with a costume with stuff from around the house.  Have a safe and candy-filled Halloween, everyone. My thoughts are with those without power, searching for a safe place today.

Popular Posts