life is good

Happy Wednesday!

Enjoying the Raggaefest at Buckroe Beach
I can't believe the date, it feels like Christmas just happened and I am almost to the big due date. Speaking of big, my belly bump is growing steadily, the baby girl is 5 pounds and almost 18 inches long and my third trimester is well under way. I have loved being pregnant up until now (34 weeks) that has produced a bit more aches, trouble sleeping and slight angst regarding the impending birth of this squirmy little one that has made a home in my belly for what seems like 2 months and 2 years all at once!

The mama club is one that has been exhausting to navigate with websites for this, that, the other and highly entertaining as I am stopped by women who have to indulge their worst, most horrific labor stories or daily joys with someone who may not know what they are getting into. I've become exhilaratingly grateful for my health, my body and my experience through it all.

My experience is atypical from those mothers I have discussed all things motherhood with and realize that I have been very fortunate in my time "with child". Not a day or night of morning sickness, no horrible acne (for once in my life) and a wonderful feeling of strength and honor that is indescribable make me so thankful.

My first trimester was a busy one, working a job that I loved on the Oncology floor, packing up a house and move (driving a Uhaul solo to the East Coast at 20 weeks) and spending quality time with family and friends who shared in my excitement beforehand. Creatively I was a nesting mess wanting to make what I could instead of buying things, gathering fun things for the nursery and prepping for the biggest life shift to date.

Now, with a few more lbs, no visible stretch marks as of yet and the countdown steadily counting down, I am looking forward to witnessing her birth and have discovered that the act of becoming a mother has given me a better understanding and appreciation for what my mother did for me some 29 years ago. I know she will be there as she has always been but can't hardly believe how fast my pregnancy has flown by.

If you have any advise, suggestions or life savers that you used during pregnancy or once the baby got here, I am all ears and love to hear about people's journeys through this unbelievably special time...leave a comment!

Popular Posts