gigs.galore


Today is the next day before the first day of the rest of your life! Funny, but yes, I am excited about all of the many hats I have worn while on task at the many jobs I have had in my life thus far. It wasn't until moving back to Missouri and talking to an old neighbor of mine (who used to babysit me!) about the many jobs I've had that I decided maybe I should write about them. Each gave me considerably different highlights,responsibilities and experiences that have made me who I am today.
Here they are in chronological order:
  1. Miss Missouri Teen USA 2001- attending 1/2 day of school my senior year so I could travel and speak to 50,000+ people as the state representative. Also: like Sandra Bullock, I won Miss Congeniality! Who knew I was so Congenial?!

  2. Miss Teen USA 2001- After graduating high school in May of 2001, I worked my butt off (literally, and figuratively) to compete at the national competition in South Padre Island, TX. I WON and moved to New York City on August 30, 2001, where I worked for Donald Trump and the Miss Universe Organization for 365 days.


  3. Attended University of Missouri-Columbia for 1 full year, 1/2 as Miss Teen USA and traveled every weekend, the other 1/2 as a "normal" student until my talent agent called for a VJ position with MTV in December. January, I moved back to New York City from Columbia, MO for a VJ spot with MTV.
  4. VJ, MTV Networks- traveled to college campuses and interviewed students and faculty on special interest topics. DUKE and FSU were the coolest. Even ran into an old friend ( Natalie) on the campus of FSU.
  5. Host, Tavern on the Green in Central Park- learned ho to seat the largest restaurant in the US.... had fun with private events, yes even Nick and Jessica from Newlyweds came to eat, Mariah Carey and other celebs.
  6. Server, Arthur's Landing- with a view of New York City's skyline, I lived in New Jersey and worked on the Jersey shore. Kelly was my roommate and IKEA was our hangout along with live music. I miss my friend and that view!
  7. Chicago!!!! I moved to Chicago after wanting to be closer to home. Gurnee, IL was the place.
  8. Chicago Cornea Consultants was the job! Scrubs, checking patients getting lasik in was the job.
  9. EXPRESS- this was my 2nd job... love their clothes and met my girl, Nicole there.
  10. Got dumped, moved to downtown Chicago... started yet another gig the following week...



  11. Project Manager, The Support Group, a 501 c3 non-profit organization that I really enjoyed! Chicago Public Schools, Chicago Housing Authority, and NBA athletes worked towards getting basketaball programs into after-school programs.
  12. Marketing Assistant, The State of Illinois - worked with 13 graphic designers to create all of the state initiatives signage, Governor events, and worked on committees to plan and execute programs and special events.
  13. Model, Stewart Talent- Auditioned daily for a variety of jobs and even booked a few.
  14. LA BOUND!!! Cross country in two days, I became a struggling actor for 2 years living and working in Hollywood.
  15. Temp Agency-- my first placement was in the FLYNT Publication Building working for an entertainment lawyer.
  16. Cypress Land Company was the next and I stayed working there for 8 months. Full time is hard to fulfill when you are working towards auditioning but they were awesome, flexible and a great place to work!
  17. Hostess, KATSUYA Hollywood.... sushi and amazing cuisine, hot celebs and papparazzi made this job fun, and challenging. Being part of the SBE family was cool, though. Lots of parties, events and clubs to go to. Ah, LA life.
  18. Moved back to Missouri!!! Yes, another move, but for all the right reasons! I am a totally different person that I was when I made the move to NY in 2001. The people, places and day-to-day events made me a better human being. I wouldn't trade my life experience or unique journey for the world!
Whew! Tons of jobs, all were great in their own way... thanks to the many employers who have dealt with me over the years and kept me housed, clothed and fed! It stills amazed me how one job, one person or place can present so many awesome connections, opportunities and adventures if you are open to them and ready to take them on. All of these were created by Him, I simply took his lead and followed in pursuit of happiness and a new chance to prove myself in different ways. I've had more jobs than hairstyles, and well, that's a GANG!!!

Popular Posts